New Edition of Film and Video in Language Teaching Online Course
We are delighted to announce that you can join Kieran Donaghy on a new edition of the online version of our most popular course Film and Video in Language Teaching this July.
Explore principles and possibilities for exploiting film and video in your classroom.
Find out how we can use visual narratives to get out students listening, thinking, writing, speaking and collaborating.
Get exclusive video lectures, handouts, frameworks, lesson plans and film guides.
A 3-week course with continual support at every stage and detailed feedback on the final project. An estimated 5-8 hours study per week.
Through Film and Video in Language Teaching:
- You will gain a deeper understanding of the potential for film and video in the language classroom.
- You will take away a wealth of knowledge about how create activities and lesson plans around film and video.
- You will develop a greater awareness of how to use film and video to help your students acquire vocabulary more efficiently, and become more effective listeners and viewers.
- You will learn how to boost your students’ visual literacy and critical thinking.
- You will receive constant support and guidance from the course tutor Kieran Donaghy.
- You will have a personal pre-course online meeting with Kieran to discuss your learning objectives for the course.
- You will have a personal post-course online meeting with Kieran to give you feedback on your course participation and performance, and final project.
- You will be awarded The School for Training certification upon completion of the course.
- You will have access to the platform and all the materials on it for 12 months after the course ends.
Sunday 4th July
The opening webinar takes place and course material is made available .
Sunday 11th July
The second webinar takes place.
Sunday 18th July
The third webinar takes place and final coursework is set.
Sunday 25th July
Final coursework is handed in.
Friday 30th July
Feedback is sent and certification awarded.
We recommend registering for the course early as it’s likely to be very popular.
Leave a comment