Film and Video in Language Teaching
On this course teachers learn how to use film and video critically and creatively in the language classroom. The course last five days and there are a total of twenty contact hours. The course language is English but the course is suitable for teachers of other languages.
Watch this video about the course.
Sessions deals with the following themes:
- Using short films and videos
- Using feature-length films
- How to write activities for authentic film and video
- Digital film‐making in language teaching and learning
- Using film and video to foster:
- oral communicative competence
- written communicative competence
- oral comprehension
- visual literacy
- multimodality literacy
- the fifth skill of viewing
- the sixth skill of visually representing
The course includes the following features:
- You will receive constant support and guidance from the course tutor Kieran Donaghy.
- You will have a personal pre-course online meeting with Kieran to discuss your learning objectives for the course.
- You will have a personal post-course online meeting with Kieran to give you feedback on your course participation and performance, and final project.
- You will be awarded The School for Training certification upon completion of the course.
Edition 1: Monday 25th July – Friday 28th July 2022
Edition 2: Monday 5th September – Friday 9th September 2022
Monday to Friday, 9.30 – 14.00
Carrer Castillejos 326, Barcelona