Do our Empathy in Language Teaching Online Course in June
We are delighted to announce that you can join Kieran Donaghy on our Empathy in Language Teaching online course this June. Explore why empathy is particularly important in language teaching and how empathy can be developed among both language teachers and learners.
Join Kieran Donaghy on our Empathy in Language Teaching online course this June. Explore why empathy is particularly important in language teaching and how empathy can be developed among both language teachers and learners.
Get exclusive video lectures, handouts and articles.
A 3-week online course with continual support at every stage and detailed feedback on the final project. An estimated 5-8 hours study per week.
Through Empathy in Language Teaching :
- You will gain a deeper understanding of the importance of and potential for empathy in the language classroom.
- You will take away an overview of the literature and research findings on empathy among language teachers and learners and an understanding of the empathic brain and how it works.
- You will take away a wealth of knowledge about how to create activities and lesson plans to foster empathy using literature, songs, short films, feature length films, paintings and photos.
- You will develop a greater awareness of how ‘active listening’ can be used to foster empathy.
- You will gain an understanding of how empathy can be used to promote diversity and social justice in language teaching.
- You will develop an understanding of how empathy can fostered in online and hybrid courses.
- You will receive constant support and guidance from the course tutor Kieran Donaghy.
- You will have a personal pre-course online meeting with Kieran to discuss your learning objectives for the course.
- You will have a personal post-course online meeting with Kieran to give you feedback on your course participation and performance, and final project.
- You will be awarded The School for Training certification upon completion of the course.
- You will have access to the platform and all the materials on it for 12 months after the course ends.
Watch our director Kieran Donaghy talk about the Empathy in Language Teaching Online Course.
Sunday 5th June 2022
The opening webinar takes place and course material is made available.
Sunday 12th June 2022
The second webinar takes place.
Sunday 19th June 2022
The third webinar takes place and final coursework is set.
Sunday 26th June 2022
Final coursework is handed in.
Thursday 30th June 2022
Feedback is sent and certification awarded.
We recommend registering for the course early as it’s likely to be very popular.
Leave a comment