In the English language curricula of a number of countries – for example, Canada, Australia and Singapore – a new skill of viewing has been added to the traditional skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking. Undoubtedly, this new skill of viewing will be integrated into national curricula throughout the world in the near future. On this course teachers learn what viewing is, why it is important in language teaching and how to help their students become more active and effective viewers. There are a total of twenty contact hours. The course language is English but the course is suitable for teachers of other languages.
Sessions deals with the following themes:
– Multimodality in language education
– Visual literacy in language education
– The role of the skill of viewing in language education
– Generic viewing activities to use with photos, paintings, short films and videos
– How to use Visual Thinking Strategies (VTR) to develop viewing skills
– How to use Visible Thinking Routines (VTR) to develop viewing skills
– How to access viewing in the language classroom
Dates for 2020 to be announced soon
Monday to Friday, 9.30 – 11.30 and 12.00 – 14.00
Carrer Castillejos 326, Barcelona
€490. You can download these payment details.
Please fill in this form to register for the course.
The School for Training – All rights reserved